December 28, 2009

A day that will live in infamy

Richard said I shouldn't title my post that. Since when is he politically correct???

I figured anyone who would be offended by the title of my post has long past away or probably isn't reading my blog anyways.

Plus I really need to make fun of the fact that we got married on a day that is remembered as one of the worst in the history of our nation.

If your lost, sorry. Let me clue you in.

It's a little overdue but I'm posting about our 8th wedding anniversary. Probably not much of a clue. But we were married on December 7th. If your still lost...well sorry I can't help you there. The title should have already given it away.

On with the story.

Watch out now... because we celebrated by waking up early! I took are kids to my Mom's where they stayed all day (sort of). Richard headed out to the grocery store. When are paths crossed again we got ready for a day on the town.

First stop...Crossroads of the west gun show. That was a hoot and a half. If you've been to one you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't then you should count your blessings.

After a few hours, yes hours of looking at guns and things. When I say things I mean people. It was one of the most interesting places to people watch. Ever! It was like nothing I had ever seen. In real life anyways.

Since I was patient and such. By such I mean I suffered my very first case of claustrophobia. Never had it before, and it was a bit awesome. Not really. Richard decided to reward me by taking me to my very most favorite place in all of Arizona. Old town Glendale. We browsed the antique shops where I picked up some very cool things. Then we headed to where we dined on the best German food This side of the Atlantic.
I won't give you a review today. This post is already long enough. After lunch we did a whole lot of other very boring things before we took our own family pictures. I think they turned out quite nicely all things considered.

Since this post is supposed to be about my wedding anniversary I wanted to share some things I love about my hubby.





  • When hes sick he puts on a sweatshirt with a hood. Hood up.




  • I love him more than anything. But sometimes he makes me maz-at-zal. You probably won't get the reference if you didn't live in Phoenix during the 90's. Even still you might not.



  • He can make me laugh harder than anyone. Even when I'm maz-at-zal. Sometimes I really just want to be...well you know.



  • He is brilliant! I'm not just making that up.



  • He can beat 40 lines in under 2min 30sec. While I can't even get under 3.



  • He's my biggest photography fan. At first not so much. Now he's honest, encouraging, and my biggest cheerleader.



  • He is a great missionary. Well maybe not the traditional kind. But he was recently called to be a ward missionary, and really enjoys it. Cough***when he's able to go*** Cough.



  • I think hes the hottest guy on the planet. I really do!



  • 2 comments:

    Kelli said...

    Happy Anniversary!!!! Hey, how much would you charge for a maternity shoot? I would love for you to do mine...

    Tanner Fam said...

    Happy Anniversary. If it makes you feel any better, my mom and step dad's anniversary is Sept. 11th.
    I'll tell you what...if you want good photography material...go to a gun show. They are like women with chocolate.